Sunday, August 19, 2007

Dance music is just repetitive nonsense

According to some. I listen to quite a lot of dance music, not so much recently but a few years back I listened to so much that I could often be found waving glowsticks at the checkouts in a supermarket to the 'wikid beeping track'. However I have always come across people who tell me that dance music is just boring and repetitive and that it requires no skills to create it and these people are often scruffy types who think that Queen were the epitome of songwriting. Well I don't want to 'ride my bicycle', so fuck off.

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that every single dance album in the world is obviously shit. If these people are to be believed then Tiesto is a complete sellout who can't play to thousands of fans live and DEFINITELY cannot play to billions of people worldwide at the launch of an Olympic games. If they are to be believed then nobody gains enjoyment from nightclubs, no matter how many drugs they're monged out on. Instead we must all go to shitty little rock nights that are populated with 13 year old wankers in black clothes who think they're individual by listening to a band that screams a lot. And the bar only serves cans, possibly because if glass bottles were served then they might slit their wrists there and then.

I wish the dance music haters would go and glass their own shrivelled excuses for bollocks. If you don't have the balls to listen to a genre of music that often contains a steady beat then music probably isn't the thing for you in general you dumb pricks. All music has a beat unless it's Aphex Twin, Squarepusher or Autechre in which case you get a barrage of beats all at once and if your piss poor excuse for a brain can't understand anything that doesn't have guitars in it then your life isn't worth living and you should probably go kill yourself right now.

No comments: